Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby Maker.

This has been a major topic in my family for about 5 years now. I come from a family where the girls started having kids at 15. My Mom was 14 when she got pregnant. Pretty crazy. I'm now 25 and have no children. I'm the only one past 21 who has no children. I get asked "when are you gonna have kids" about 2 times a week from my friends-who all have kids. I must admit that it has been on my mind but the bad always beats the good. I mean,just because I'm 25 doesn't mean I'm ready for a kid. And just because I'm good with THEIR kids doesn't necessarily mean I'll be good with my own. It's not the easiest thing to go."Oh,I think I'll have a baby now" It's a human being,one who will change your life,one who you will be responsible for,one you have to house,clothed and feed.And of course,instill good morals and responsibilty. That's a big fucking job. I have a friend who just turned 20 as is expecting her 4th child any day now. WOW. She didn't plan any of them. She still doesn't plan on tying her tubes either. How does one make a choice to have a baby? I am in a pretty serious relationship. We live together,plan on getting married..and have kids. But when? I never wanted kids till I met him. I once asked if he'll be okay if we never have any ourselves and him being the most amazing guy said " Yeah,we have enough nieces and nephews."But of course,seeing how good he is with kids and how he has such a beautiful soul,why would I not want to have his child? I know from the bottom of my heart that he will love our child and do anything and everything for him/her. He will be a great father. But the question on my mind is,will I ever be ready? How will I know? Does anyone?


No comments: